TVHGC Socials - venue and dates

Mrs Moose

Sep 25, 2012, 1:03:05 PM9/25/12
to cloudbasep...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

The next monthly social evening is Wednesday October 3rd and will be at The Swan, Inkpen as usual, from about 7.30pm. For those of you with gadget envy or gadget confusion, this is a chance to bring your GPS, PDA, vario etc along and compare notes with others or get some tips on better use of them. We are lucky to have some real gadget gurus in our membership and I am quite sure they'll be happy to share their knowledge on hardware, software and set up.

For November 7th, we are moving venue - we have found a venue closer to the M4, Reading/London. It is The Bull Inn on the High Street, Theale, which is just 2 minutes off Junction 12 of the M4 http://thebullattheale.co.uk/. Theale railway station (First Great Western trains) is 10 minutes walk and trains are quite frequent to/from Reading (£3.30 return, last train 23:37). The Bull does reasonably priced food and we'll be using the function room upstairs; arrive at 7ish if you'd like to eat so we can start at 8. I hope this proves convenient for more people - our catchment area is vast and we have members from Southampton up to Birmingham and from Bristol to Essex so we are doing our best to be central.

Do tell others on the forum, facebook or twitter if you are planning to come to our socials - everyone is welcome, members, non-members and especially student pilots in training.

Finally, a date for your diary - the TVHGC AGM and Christmas Party is FRIDAY 30th November this year and there will be no December meeting. We'll be publishing the agenda in advance so if you have an item please email one of the committee directly. If we like The Bull it will be there, otherwise back at the Swan. We aim to provide free food that evening!

See you soon! Mrs Moose (TVHGC Social Sec) & The Committee