Has deadline for `builtin/legacy` model been extended? Where to subscribe the changes?

Charlie Zhang

Aug 22, 2022, 1:28:08 PM8/22/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hi,

Has deadline for `builtin/legacy` model been extended? Noticed in some discussion thread, you mentioned that the Aug/20/2022 deadline has been extended to Mid November, just wanted to be clear that is Mid November for all google vision api users or just the for team that reached to you?

Charlie Zhang

Aug 22, 2022, 1:29:32 PM8/22/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
```

s_g
8:50 AM (2 hours ago)  <08/22/2022>

to cloud-vision-discuss
We have emailed you offline to extend access to builtin/legacy to mid November.

In the meantime, please try the following method on builtin/stable to resolve the reading order issue:
  • Try setting the "legacy_layout" value for the advanced_ocr_options field in TextDetectionParams. This is something we have recently implemented in "builtin/stable" OCR version to have a word order similar to "builtin/legacy" while retaining the benefits of more accurate text detection and recognition.

s_g

Aug 22, 2022, 3:20:20 PM8/22/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Please reach out to us via email for the extension. There is a review process (not automatic). Thanks!

Julian Solarte

Aug 25, 2022, 5:45:08 PM8/25/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hello,

For the extension do you have any special email to reach out to you?

s_g

Aug 26, 2022, 2:12:11 PM8/26/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
We recommend trying out the following permanent fix directly on the builtin/stable branch
  • Try setting the "legacy_layout" value for the advanced_ocr_options field in TextDetectionParams. This is something we have recently implemented in "builtin/stable" OCR version to have a word order similar to "builtin/legacy" while retaining the benefits of more accurate text detection and recognition.
Extending the legacy access is only a temporary fix that lasts till November. If you still have to stay on the legacy branch, please let me know. Thanks!

Julian Solarte

Sep 12, 2022, 4:03:44 PM9/12/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hello. I have tried to reach you out but you don't reply my messages. Is there any way to reach you out in order to star on the legacy branch for a few days?