batchAnnotateFiles request inputConfig content tiff base64 string size limit (128kb)

Stephen Radmard

May 8, 2022, 5:44:15 AM5/8/22
to cloud-vision-discuss

Hello all,

Your help would be much appreciated. I'm sticking to all the <20MB, <10MB, <75MP file guidelines. In fact my files are around 200kb.

When I pass a tiff base64 string that is larger that 128kb as the value for key 'content' in the 'inputConfig' object of the 'request' object of batchAnnotateFiles I get this error:

Error: 3 INVALID_ARGUMENT: Unsupported input file format.

Works a treat under 128kb, I've also decoded the base64 strings and I get a perfect tiff so thats not the issue.

Please help

Stephen

Raul Saucedo Ramirez

May 10, 2022, 11:26:04 AM5/10/22
to cloud-vision-discuss

You could read this official documentation[1] about base64.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/vision/docs/file-small-batch

Stephen Radmard

May 13, 2022, 11:36:02 AM5/13/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hello,

Thanks for replying, much appreciated. I've read this document symbol-for-symbol (ocr joke) but there's nothing indicating why it works for shorter base64 strings and not for longer base64 strings. I really need to resolve this issue, your help will save my life. Thank you.

Stephen

Stephen Radmard

May 14, 2022, 5:44:24 PM5/14/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
so I also tried using the "using local file" part of the documentation you sent over. Again, works with small files but returns the same error with larger files. Is this a buffer size issue?

Raul Saucedo Ramirez

May 18, 2022, 2:53:43 PM5/18/22
to cloud-vision-discuss

You can check if you are exceeding one of these limits from Cloud Vision.

[1]https://cloud.google.com/vision/quotas#content_limits

Stephen Radmard

May 26, 2022, 10:41:00 AM5/26/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
We are not, I've referenced those limits as I've detailed in my original post. Please read the post before spraying me with documentation links because it falsely gives the impression that the issue is getting resolved or a solution to the detailed problem is being offered.