Specifying TLS version in vision.ImageAnnotatorClient()

Rucha Apte

Feb 12, 2021, 1:20:37 PM2/12/21
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hello,
I am using vision.ImageAnnotatorClient() and google_vision_client.document_text_detection(image=image) to detect text from images.
How should I find out the TLS version used by the API? Also is there a way to specify a particular TLS version when making the API call?

Thanks

Monica (Google Cloud Platform)

Feb 15, 2021, 9:09:03 PM2/15/21
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hello,

The default TLS version used by google cloud services is TLS 1.3. Please see here details about how the TLS is implemented to facilitate the API interactions with Google over TLS.

You can specify a particular TLS version by defining an SSL security policy that specifies which TLS versions and ciphers can be used for HTTPS or SSL connections. See here how to create an SSL policy with a custom profile

Rucha Apte

Mar 17, 2021, 12:29:38 AM3/17/21
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hello, If we are not using Load balancer, is it possible to apply TLS version to the vision Client library. We are using the basic setup for python client using private key and X509_CERT_URL.

Alberto Pau

May 18, 2021, 9:23:04 AM5/18/21
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to change the TLS version used by the Cloud Vision Python API.
This API is used to connect to Google's servers, and it is in the best interest of both Google and the customers for security reasons to always use the latest TLS version available.
I am not even sure if  Google Cloud services servers support older versions of TLS.

Do you have a specific need to do this? In case you have to connect to non-Google services, you can choose TLS version in a Python library for making HTTP requests.