URGENT: builtin/latest BREAKS our OCR. We want a further extension on builtin/legacy

Mishkat B

Jul 17, 2022, 10:43:09 PM7/17/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
We have been using Google Cloud Vision OCR for well over a year. However, the latest update does not detect our document clearly despite being scanned and very clear. It misses certain text/digits from the OCR. The builtin/stable works flawlessly until now.

We would like either
1. a fix for this issue or
2. an extension on builtin/legacy

Please note, due to the confidentiality of the document, I cannot share the sample here publicly.

Mishkat B

Jul 17, 2022, 10:44:25 PM7/17/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Please not the issue exists with builtin/stable as well

Tianli Yu

Jul 18, 2022, 12:32:34 AM7/18/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hi, Mishkat

Please de-identify the image (by masking the sensitive private information) and send the image to me for debugging.

Thank you!

Mishkat B

Jul 18, 2022, 7:53:24 AM7/18/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hi Tian

I have sent you the sample and detected text.

Thanks

Eileen Wilkerson

Jul 18, 2022, 9:53:12 AM7/18/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hello I have experienced the same issue. Please let me know the outcome of this.

Eileen

Mishkat B

Jul 21, 2022, 4:00:11 PM7/21/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
sure, I'll let you know as soon as they reply

Big Data Mining

Aug 5, 2022, 4:54:10 PM8/5/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Really worried about it!!!! We have the same issue with our application in production!
Message has been deleted

s_g

Aug 6, 2022, 3:36:37 PM8/6/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
@bigdatamin, we have tracked down the root cause and are working on an option to revert back to the previous reading order. We will also update the release note in the future when there are significant AI quality upgrades. Thanks!

Big Data Mining

Aug 8, 2022, 11:15:23 AM8/8/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Just another point: the legacy model will not be avaiable after August 20 and this huge big problems are not solved! I cannot believe that Google is oferring a product ready for production with this kind of versioning issues, bad communcation with the community and not supporting background compatibility.