Tensorboard on vertex ai jupyter notebook

Anastasia Derzhanskaya

Jul 11, 2022, 4:22:43 AM7/11/22
to cloud-vision-discuss

I use tensorboardx SummaryWriter to write training logs of lightgbm training in jupyter notebook on vertex ai. I use default saving directory "runs" and this case and as I can see, .tfevents files successfully were written to pointed location.

Then I use in jupyter notebook "%load_ext tensorboard" - it executed successfully too. However when I execute "%tensorboard --logdir runs" it works, but shows that there are no information to present - it can't see anything in pointed location. Does anyone have an example how I need specify the location for saving logs to be visible to tensorboard extension in jupyter notebook in vertex ai, although locally everything works well.

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Jul 11, 2022, 5:11:48 PM7/11/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
This get started guide will help you to correctly implement Tensorboard into vertex AI, this shows how to properly implement the location onto tensorboard and be able to read from it.