New API returned quite different word orders

Charlie Zhang

Jun 24, 2022, 1:13:29 PM6/24/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
Hi Dear dev teams,

I noticed the word orders from both textAnnotations[0]["description"] and fullTextAnnotation["text"] are not consistent for an exactly same image I submitted 3 months ago vs now. is it expected? any plan to maintain the old word order? thanks

Krishnanunni K

Jun 27, 2022, 5:04:15 AM6/27/22
to cloud-vision-discuss
There is a model upgrade that happened recently, and some breaking changes are involved (at least to some of us). From what I understood prima facie, the blocks are ordered vertically first and then horizontally (in many cases) which was the reverse in previous models. The old model is still available until August, with a legacy model flag enabled in your requests.