Cannot pause model - leading to ballooning billing

Steven Langley

Sep 6, 2021, 11:17:31 AM9/6/21
to cloud-recommendations-users
Hi

I have 4 models which I am training for approximately 1 day a month. Leaving the models continually training is far too cost prohibitive and I find once a month training still provides decent results at an affordable price point.

I normally resume training at the beginning of the month and then pause the models the next day. I have been doing this for a few months without an issue. However, I have run into a major issue now which I don't know how to solve. Of the 4 models that are training, I have been able to pause 1. When I try pause any of the other 3 I just get a spinner (I have left it for 30 mins and the spinner continues).

models.png

The training portion of our bill is usually under $100, but this month it's already over $400 and climbing.

Thank you,
Steven

patrickhess

Sep 10, 2021, 12:35:37 PM9/10/21
to cloud-recommendations-users
Hi Steven,

We have an ongoing UI bug - our UI team is working on fixing but might take a week or so to rollout.
I can give you programmatic access to our apis - do you mind providing me your project # and email you would use to read the documentation? I can allow list you with those two pieces of info

Cheers,
Patrick

Steven Langley

Sep 13, 2021, 11:46:47 AM9/13/21
to cloud-recommendations-users
Hi Patrick

Thanks for the response.

I reached out to Google Cloud Support last week, who assisted with programmatic access to the APIs. So I have now been able to pause the remaining models that were running.

Kind Regards

Steven