QPS quota limit

Andrew Beeksma

May 4, 2022, 5:32:50 PM5/4/22
to cloud-recommendations-users
Is there any documentation that described the query per second (QPS) quota limit for the retail API? All I could find was the 12,000 / minute limit. However, nothing relating to QPS. When trying to update a product in the catalog, getting the error
8 RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED: Product writing operation from project: X is too spiky. Please rearrange your traffic to meet our QPS quota limit.
This is happening very infrequently (maybe once a day), and when it does, there are about 20-40 API calls in a given minute at the busiest. Far below the 12k per minute limit. But I can't find anything on QPS. Any one know anything?