Using recommender Ai with many clients

Oliver Pringle

Jan 21, 2021, 12:09:49 PM1/21/21
to cloud-recommendations-users
Hi there,

I am building a Shopify application that uses recommendations Ai to recommend products in any Shopify storefront it is installed in.

There are two approaches I'm considering:

1) Have a common event store, product catalog and models for all storefronts. When predictions are requested, filter products based on the storefront.

2) Have separate event stores, product catalogs and models for all storefronts. I think this would be simpler, however, I am not sure whether I will hit limits for the number of event stores, catalogs, models allowed per GCP project.

Is it possible to have different product catalogs, event stores and models for each storefront? Can I create models through an API call?

Any guidance here would be great!

Thanks,
Ollie

Pallav Mehta

Jan 22, 2021, 3:56:59 PM1/22/21
to Oliver Pringle, cloud-recommendations-users
Thanks Oliver. Unless the various storefronts have the same catalog or similar shopping behavior, we recommend you set up separate projects for each storefront at this time. Right now we only support one catalog per project though this may change in the future. We also at this time recommend that you create new models via the Google Cloud Console.

Pallav