API Bucket Notification pubsub Issue

Amarnath Ayyadurai

Feb 2, 2022, 9:42:08 AM2/2/22
to pubsub-discuss
Hi,
Found this Error when trying to connect bucket events to pubsub topic,
couldn't find a fix or docs
what permission is necesary to attach bucket events to pubsub topic
through python sdk / python-api libraries
Gcloud bucketPubsub Bug Issue.jpg

Olu

Feb 2, 2022, 11:42:59 AM2/2/22
to pubsub-discuss
Hello,

From the Screenshot, I see that you are simply trying to create a Pub/Sub notification configuration for your bucket[0] using the Insert method. The error as on the Screenshot is a 403, suggesting that  that the server understands the request but refuses to authorize it.

As you have rightly guessed, this seems to relate to your setup and perhaps some prerequisites are not met in order to configure Cloud PubSub notifications for your Cloud Storage.

I will like to point you to this link[1], which highlights the prerequisites that need to be in place to be able to create a Pub/Sub notification configuration for your given bucket. Please ensure that these prerequisites are in place, and if the issue persist, let us know.

[0]https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/json_api/v1/notifications/insert
[1]https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/reporting-changes#prereqs