pubsub 10,000 topics limitation for project

happy soul

Jan 20, 2022, 1:10:05 PM1/20/22
to pubsub-discuss
For a retail project that i am working on, we have a requirement to publish a message to 8,000 topics, with each store consuming message posted for that store. There are plans to add additional stores in near future, so we are afraid we will run into hard limit of 10,000 topics per project.
Any suggestions, how to get around with this limitation.

Thanks!
Nathan

Olu

Jan 20, 2022, 1:43:10 PM1/20/22
to pubsub-discuss
As stated in the note from the public documentation[0], it is currently NOT possible to request an increase to the topics limits.

However, on some rare occasions, there may be some considerations for temporary Resource provision depending on the severity and business impact on your systems. So, I encourage you to consider reaching out to the GCP Support or you open an issue link using the issue tracker link[1][2]. This way a GCP Support engineer would be able to work closely with you, reviewing your setup and use-case to determine the way ahead on this request.

Please keep in mind that there is NO guarantee that your request will be approved.

___
[0]: https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/quotas#resource_limits
[1]: https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers#trackers-list
[2]: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/new

happy soul

Jan 20, 2022, 4:10:16 PM1/20/22
to pubsub-discuss
Thanks for the reply. I have opened an issue ticket and hope to get advice from GCP team on this. Thank you!