When a binding is made through IAM, will same member get all access of that role?

aravind ashok

Jun 21, 2022, 12:53:36 PM6/21/22
to pubsub-discuss

In the above code:

  • Role roles/pubsub.editor is binded to member allUsers for specific resource like 'pubsub.your-subscription-id'; the resource policy is updated in same terms.
  • As far as I know 'roles/pubsub.editor' role has all access to PUBSUB subscriptions and policies.

Q)After executing the above code, can we conclude that allUsers get all accesses that role roles/pubsub.editor has? Or is this binding only specific to this resource's policy?

As I am a newbie here, please help if my understandings are wrong here. :)

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Jun 23, 2022, 7:01:39 PM6/23/22
to pubsub-discuss
Short answer is yes, every member of the group that you are assigning the permission to will be granted those two permissions.