What is in a pCard response?

Rodos

Jan 28, 2010, 11:02:03 PM1/28/10
to pCard Compute Payload Description Format
James et al,

What type of response might one want/expect to a pCard?

A binary yes or no for the entire workload? A detailed breakdown of
which elements are supported and those that are not?

Should some elements be optional? So please tell me if you do support
data encryption. I may use this answer as a means of comparison
between two providers. One meets my minimum but ticks more boxes on my
optional list.

There would also be some response options which the provider may
supply which may not be part of the original pCard description. For
example for that workload you described, my current provisioning time
is 12 hours, the cost will be so much per hour and I can offer this
service at that price for this many days.

Should there be a provider pCard which does the reverse with some form
of correlation between the two types. Here is everything I can do and
these can be loaded into your local analytics engine (or a broker).
This way you don't need to send every workload to every provider every
time, you just ensure you have the load capability card from the
providers and process locally.

Just some initial thoughts to open up discussion.

Rodos
http://rodos.haywood.org