Home IP address blocked from connecting to the API

Sean Whalen

Apr 25, 2022, 9:00:58 PM4/25/22
to cloud-dns-discuss
Somehow my home IP address has recently been blocked from connecting to https://dns.googleapis.com.

I'm not comfortable posting my IP address here in public, and I don't have a support plan because it's a personal account. Is there any way to get someone from Google to look into this?

I contributed a Python project to the community for managing Google Cloud DNS, and now I can't use it. I also can't renew Let's Encrypt certificates in my home without API access.I've thought about moving all of my hosting to Digital Ocean, but I don't like how their API keys give read and/or write access to everything or nothing in an account, with no scoping.

anikd

May 6, 2022, 7:09:24 PM5/6/22
to cloud-dns-discuss

Hello

Thank you for your question. Can you please explain how and when your IP has been blocked for https://dns.googleapis.com.? Has anything changed on your end recently? Is it working for other public Google domains? Could you confirm that you can access https://dns.googleapis.com normally when accessing it from other IPs?

Also, It is worth mentioning that Google Groups is a place for non-technical how-to questions (where you're likely to find information like service status updates and release notes, and ranging from book recommendations to creative shortcuts) [2].

Therefore, I would recommend you to consider reaching out to Stack Exchange sites [3] (e.g. Server Fault [4] )where Google also participates that can help you find answers and troubleshoot problems.

If you find any indication of a GCP specific issue, you may consider reporting [5] the issue with Issue Tracker with all the details [6] (omitting PII/sensitive information). You may also file a case with the GCP Support [7] and we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Anik

Reference:

[1]: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/troubleshooting#domains