Unable to register domain (.de).

Jonas Petersen

Jun 13, 2022, 5:06:03 PM6/13/22
to cloud-dns-discuss
Hi there,

I'm trying to register a .de domain via "Network Services" / "Cloud Domains" (https://console.cloud.google.com/net-services/domains/registrations/create).

I enter all requested information, but at the end when clicking "Register" I always get the error "The attempted action failed. Please try again.". I tried many times over several hours.

When the error occurs it is also showing a red circle with exclamation mark at "Contact Details", even though I filled all required fields with valid information. It is also not showing any more details on what might be wrong.

Thanks for any help.
Jonas
Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 18.06.53.png
Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 18.08.18.png

Jonas Petersen

Jun 13, 2022, 5:25:48 PM6/13/22
to cloud-dns-discuss
Well, I finally was able to register the domain after I manually created a zone for it (via "Cloud DNS" / "Zones") and then choosing the zone in the registration process (step 2 "DNS configuration"). Earlier I was trying the option "Setup a new zone" in the registration process, but that would still produce the mentioned error ("The attempted action failed. Please try again.").

Very misleading and confusing.