HELP | GoDaddy, Google Cloud DNS, Weebly, Office 365

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 12:55:21 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sa...@30board.com
Haa.. I will not receive any email updates.

We are building a marketplace and want to showcase the MVP using a subdomain build.30board.com. We went ahead and changed Name Servers on GoDaddy to point to Google Name servers viz.

ns-cloud-e1.googledomains.com
ns-cloud-e2.googledomains.com
ns-cloud-e3.googledomains.com
ns-cloud-e4.googledomains.com

Now,
1. www.30board.com hosted on Weebly doesn't work.
2. Emails to @30board.com via Outlook/Office 365 - Undelivered!

I've added a Zone in Cloud DNS for build.30board.com and it works. Need some help in figuring out how to make 30board.com and Office 365 play-well with Google Cloud DNS.

Richard Woodbury

Jul 12, 2016, 1:35:10 PM7/12/16
to sud...@30board.com, cloud-dns-discuss, sa...@30board.com
Did you mean just to delegate "build.30board.com" to Cloud DNS? What you've done is you've changed the delegation for all of "30board.com" to Cloud DNS, but haven't setup a zone for it. You have only setup a zone for "build.30board.com". This has rendered all of "30board.com" unresolvable.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to move all of "30board.com" to Cloud DNS. If you did, you just need to create and populate a zone for it, then fixup the nameservers at GoDaddy to point to that new zone.

Assuming you just wanted to delegate "build.30board.com": First, put your name servers on GoDaddy back to the way they they were. You should see things start to work again, hopefully in just a few minutes (DNS caches make take some time to catch up). Then, at your existing DNS provider (not Cloud DNS), add NS records at the name "build.30board.com" with the Cloud DNS name servers you listed. You should then see "build.30board.com" start to work (again, may have to wait for DNS caches).

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 2:41:37 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
Thank you Richard!

I just went back to GoDaddy and Namerservers to Standard
NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Also added, the A, MX and CNAME records Office 365 needs to get its apps to work under GoDaddy's 'DNS Zone File' tab. Test Email Sent to Office365 Server and Received Reply from Gmail. This works.

Now for build.30board.com? What did you mean by 'add NS records at the name "build.30board.com" with the Cloud DNS name servers you listed. You should then see "build.30board.com" start to work (again, may have to wait for DNS caches).'

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 2:55:18 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
I found the option to forward a subdomain to a specific IP address without adding Google NS in GoDaddy for build.30board.com

Richard Woodbury

Jul 12, 2016, 3:01:35 PM7/12/16
to sud...@30board.com, cloud-dns-discuss, sa...@30board.com
I don't know anything about this subdomain forwarding feature with GoDaddy. My recommendation is to forego that and do it the normal DNS way. What I meant by "add NS records..." is to create these entries at GoDaddy:

That's in good-old "zonefile" format; salt to GoDaddy's taste. :)

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:55 PM <sud...@30board.com> wrote:
I found the option to forward a subdomain to a specific IP address without adding Google NS in GoDaddy for build.30board.com

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 3:10:31 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
Understood.

Removed all Google Cloud DNS Zones and Records for both build.30board.com and 30board.com

Current Status:

www.30board.com
ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

build.30board.com
ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

I'm going to wait an hour before testing the same as TTL is set to 1 hour. and Try GoDaddy Zone File.

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 3:17:42 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
Tried adding the NS in GoDaddy DNS Management

Type: Nameserver
Host: build.30board.com
Points to: ns-cloud-e2.googledomains.com
TTL: 3600 Seconds

An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

:(

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 3:20:27 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 3:21:47 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
Created Static IP for build.30board.com on Google Compute Engine and Added A Record on GoDaddy DNS Zone File to Point to IP Address. This is in addition to adding Nameservers as suggested by you!

Richard Woodbury

Jul 12, 2016, 3:26:03 PM7/12/16
to sud...@30board.com, cloud-dns-discuss, sa...@30board.com
Oh my, you're going to have a Bad Time(tm) adding both sets of nameservers like that. Go back to just the domaincontrol.com servers.

You need to add NS records to your 30board.com zone at domaincontrol for build.30board.com. I think there was some confusion, as I was saying GoDaddy, assuming you were using their DNS hosting in addition to domain registration.

And you need to recreate your build.30board.com zone on Cloud DNS. Note that the nameservers may change; these are the ones you need to put into the NS records for build.30board.com in the 30board.com zone.

Alex Dupuy

Jul 12, 2016, 4:05:28 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
Not sure if this will reach you by e-mail, but see https://networkhobo.com/2014/07/22/godaddy-delegate-subdomain-to-different-nameserver/ for screenshots and instructions on how to delegate a subdomain (in your case build.30board.com) to other (non-GoDaddy) name servers.

There's also more in GoDaddy support pages at https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-dns-680 (click on Add link in NS record row: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-an-ns-record-19212)

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 4:17:13 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
Thank you Alex

I've tried adding NS on GoDaddy for 'build.30board.com' thing before seeking help(Network Hobo Blog Post by Dan). Also, tried adding A Record to point 'build' to a specific IP Address.

sud...@30board.com

Jul 12, 2016, 4:20:45 PM7/12/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
Well Email is back-up and so is Skype for Business. Just waiting on 30board.com to come alive. Then will work on Cloud DNS to resolve build.30board.com issue.

Sudeep Kumar Jain

Jul 13, 2016, 2:45:00 AM7/13/16
to cloud-dns-discuss, sud...@30board.com, sa...@30board.com
THANK YOU EVERYONE!

All sites are back-up and running and Office 365 is playing nice too. As suggested by Richard went back to basics and GoDaddy'ed the DNS Zone file to work with Weebly and Office 365. Then went to Google Cloud DNS and removed all nameserver zones. Populated a static IP for the build.30board.com project on Gcloud and added it to the Domain/Subdomain Forwearding feature on GoDaddy. It works!