DNS not resolving

Gabriel Speed

Dec 17, 2021, 2:10:17 PM12/17/21
to cloud-dns-discuss
I recently set up two DNS zones and purchased domains for them (one from Brandbucket, and one from name.com)

I've sent the nameservers to Brandbucket, and also configured the nameservers on name.com to point to the nameservers listed in the Cloud DNS dashboard.

Then I added a CNAME for both to point them to an appengine app I have setup (https://progressive-web-dev-300511.uc.r.appspot.com

The name server for one of the domains was moved over a few days ago, and one I just moved over today (so, I am guessing the name server changes wont even be reflected for the second domain just yet). But for the first domain, the name server should be set up, and the TTL on the CNAME was 5 minutes.

By now, the domain should be set up, no? Or have I missed a step? I noticed it gave me a DS, but when I mentioned this to the domain transfer agent at BrandBucket they said that they did not need this, and I needed to follow up/troubleshoot on the GCP side.
Message has been deleted

osaeed

Dec 17, 2021, 5:43:06 PM12/17/21
to cloud-dns-discuss
Hello Gabriel,

In order to make sure that followed the right process to configure your domain with Cloud DNS, please follow the instruction on the following document:

For general troubleshooting with Cloud DNS issue you can check the following document