Cloud DNS API v2 is not documented

Mikko Pesari

Apr 26, 2022, 2:12:11 PM4/26/22
to cloud-dns-discuss
Hi,

This problem causes auto generated client libraries to generate backwards incompatible, undocumented code.

See DNS service uses undocumented API v2 · Issue #721 · googleapis/google-api-php-client-services (github.com)

The problem is that DNS API v2 is being advertised as the "preferred" version even though the documentation has not been released.

The solution is to release documentation, or revert preferred version to a documented one.

Regards,
Mikko

anikd

Apr 26, 2022, 6:11:50 PM4/26/22
to cloud-dns-discuss

Hello,

Thank you for reaching Google groups. Please note that Google Groups is a place for non-technical how-to questions (where you're likely to find information like service status updates and release notes, and ranging from book recommendations to creative shortcuts) [1].

Therefore, I would recommend you to consider reaching out to Stack Exchange sites [2] (e.g. Server Fault [3] )where Google also participates that can help you find answers and troubleshoot problems.

If you find any indication of a GCP specific issue, you may consider reporting [4] the issue with Issue Tracker with all the details [5] (omitting PII/sensitive information). You may also file a case with the GCP Support [8] and we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Anik

Reference:

[1] Discussions: Google Groups: https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/community#discussions_google_groups