Legal Usage of Subdomains and Custom Domains

Shikhar Vaish

Jan 19, 2022, 12:14:38 PM1/19/22
to cloud-dns-discuss
Hi all!

I am starting my online business. It is a simple platform to build or deploy websites.
For this, I need to provide subdomains and custom domains to my customers.

Regarding subdomains, I was able to create new subdomains dynamically for my customers. But, for custom domains, I need to give the nameservers to my customers so they can update their domain provider and point it to my subdomain.

Reading through documentation, it looks like that providing subdomains is legal. However, I'm not sure about the custom-domain method. Could anyone please let me know if it is legal to giving nameserver URLs to my customers is legal?

Thanks,
Shikhar

osaeed

Jan 22, 2022, 1:36:09 PM1/22/22
to cloud-dns-discuss

Hello Shikar,

I don't think there is an issue with you sharing this information as you own the domain and nameservers are public information.

However, I would recommend you to contact your Domain registrar support in order for you to get the right information, If your registrar is Google Domain you can contact their support here

https://domains.google/intl/en_ca/support/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAip-PBhDVARIsAPP2xc0ELBQH79zJ5rnwyp8SwF3dkHgD_lSOJQnvvBsm6XCzt7GOPxGcu_kaAhwbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Shikhar Vaish

Jan 29, 2022, 4:31:35 PM1/29/22
to cloud-dns-discuss
Hi Osaeed,

Thanks a lot for clearing this out.
Okay, sure I'll confirm with registrar support to just for additional confirmation.

Regards,
Shikhar