SCIM core User supported attributes

Aleksey Chernoraenko

Feb 3, 2018, 9:21:02 PM2/3/18
to Cloud Directory

We are implementing SCIM Resource Provider for Users, Groups and a couple of custom resources.

SCIM Core Schema RFC 7643 defines User resource so, that only userName with core attributes (idschemas) are required. Plus it defines optional attributes like nameprofileUrl, etc.

Some of those optional attributes do not make sense in our context or not supported or very expensive to be supported. From another hand, other optional attributes like name should be required and should be returned always.

How can I express all of these needs in SCIM?

Can I expose the adjusted definition for core User resource on /Schemas and /Resources endpoints?

Would it make our Provider "none SCIM compliant"?

---

Thank you,

Alex