Can't run the R2AD Cloud Client

rami sellami

Feb 20, 2013, 4:10:45 AM2/20/13
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I am a PhD student and I am working on the data management in the cloud.

I want to try your R2AD cloud client. So, I download the JNLP file but it does not run. I get this exception :
com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Impossible de charger la ressource : http://dl.javafx.com/1.3/javafx-rt-windows-i586__V1.3.1_b101a.jar
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine._downloadCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

In addition, I try to download the Source from github. But, the link does not work.

Could you help me please.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,
Rami Sellami

Alan Sill

Feb 21, 2013, 1:50:36 PM2/21/13
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
I passed this message on to R2AD and got the following reply from one of the developers, David Moolenaar. He tried to join the group to post this directly, but has not gotten a reply. For your information, this is an older list and may not be receiving a lot of attention currently from the list owners.

The activity from the previous Cloud Demo group has now mostly been moved to the Cloud Plugfest series - http://cloudplugfest.org . This is a site built as an extension of the previous effort, where developers are now able to work together in a cooperative setting with shared software tools and repositories and input from multiple cloud standards organizations. They have had seven events so far, some simultaneously held in multiple physical locations throughout the globe but most a single location with remote dial-in. This has allowed the demos to progress to a greater state of development.  I think at least three Cloud Plugfest events are planned in 2013 at different locations. Meanwhile here is the answer from Dave Moolenaar:

"... we have not been actively maintaining the JavaFX client in favor of promoting the Android version. We are also looking to evolve that client into a OS independent application based in HTML and jQuery that would run on any web enabled device.

So that said from your stack trace it appears that you are getting a download error for the supporting javafx jar file. Clicking on the link in your trace I get the same error. I was able to download and run the jnlp file from the link (http://www.r2ad.com/javafx/CloudClient-v0.2.5.jnlp) on my Mac running OSX 10.8.2. We could attempt to resolve the link error but I would second Michael's suggestion to move to the Android client which supports more recent CDMI and OCCI specifications.

Please visit the R2AD site (http://cloud.r2ad.net/) for additional details and don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions."

Hope this helps!

Alan Sill, OGF and TTU

Michael (R2AD)

Feb 20, 2014, 10:22:53 PM2/20/14
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, Running JNLPs with Java and self-signed certificates is a general problem now-a-days.  You can however download the source  code and configure an IDE to support it.  Also, As of Java 1.7, JavaFX is now native!  So hopefully that will mean that the code can be updated.  If you or others have contributions, please update the source code via git-hub.  Thanks,
v/r,
R2AD