Google sets pricing & opens app engine to public

Reuven Cohen

May 27, 2008, 10:21:35 PM5/27/08
to cloud-computing
This is a just quick note to let any of the lucky few Google App
Engine users know that Google has announced pricing for their cloud
offering as well as opening the beta to the public. I've been using
Google App Engine for about a month and am very impressed so far. But
then again I am a bit of python snob!

The pricing plan has developers still getting around 500MB of data and
5 million page views per month for free. After that, developers will
pay 15 cents to 18 cents per GB of data stored monthly, according to
Google.

Also, developers will be charged 10 cents to 12 cents per CPU
core-hour consumed. On the bandwidth side, developers will pay 11
cents to 13 cents per month per GB of data transferred out of App
Engine and 9 cents to 11 cents per month per GB transferred into App
Engine, Google said. The pricing schedule is to be effective later
this year.

Also interesting to note; App Engine also will now allow anyone to use
the service, expanding beyond a list of 10,000 developers that
gradually had grown to 60,000 developers. "We've decided to open the
floodgates," More than 150,000 developers have been on the product's
waiting list.

If you haven't done so, you should check out http://code.google.com/appengine/

I'd also recommend checking out http://pypi.python.org/pypi (The
Python Package Index is a repository of software for the Python
programming language) for some ready to go python apps for quick and
easy deployment on GAPPS.

Reuven Cohen
Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly Inc.
www.enomaly.com :: 416 848 6036 x 1
skype: ruv.net // aol: ruv6

blog > www.elasticvapor.com
-
Get Linked in> http://linkedin.com/pub/0/b72/7b4

Feris Thia

May 29, 2008, 12:57:01 AM5/29/08
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
This will be great, has anyone goes to Google I/O ? As I understand that
the pricing will be announced officially in the event.

I also have used this service and very impressed with the perfomance. As
for the price, it's very reasonable if not very cheap. Hey, it's Google
infrastructure :)

Btw, Reuven.. Thanks for the Python resources, it is a great resources
to me since I'm a Python newbie.

Just wonder if anyone has used MS Live Mesh ?

Regards,

Feris

gsem...@gmail.com

May 28, 2008, 11:17:52 AM5/28/08
to Cloud Computing
I checked in this at the Google Apps page this morning, and the sign
up is still closed. I'd guess the registrations will open up when the
Google I/O developers conference opens tomorrow in San Francisco.

On May 27, 9:21 pm, "Reuven Cohen" <r...@enomaly.com> wrote:
> This is a just quick note to let any of the lucky few Google App
> Engine users know that Google has announced pricing for their cloud
> offering as well as opening the beta to the public. I've been using
> Google App Engine for about a month and am very impressed so far. But
> then again I am a bit of python snob!
>
> The pricing plan has developers still getting around 500MB of data and
> 5 million page views per month for free. After that, developers will
> pay 15 cents to 18 cents per GB of data stored monthly, according to
> Google.
>
> Also, developers will be charged 10 cents to 12 cents per CPU
> core-hour consumed. On the bandwidth side, developers will pay 11
> cents to 13 cents per month per GB of data transferred out of App
> Engine and 9 cents to 11 cents per month per GB transferred into App
> Engine, Google said. The pricing schedule is to be effective later
> this year.
>
> Also interesting to note; App Engine also will now allow anyone to use
> the service, expanding beyond a list of 10,000 developers that
> gradually had grown to 60,000 developers. "We've decided to open the
> floodgates," More than 150,000 developers have been on the product's
> waiting list.
>
> If you haven't done so, you should check outhttp://code.google.com/appengine/
>
> I'd also recommend checking outhttp://pypi.python.org/pypi(The
> Python Package Index is a repository of software for the Python
> programming language) for some ready to go python apps for quick and
> easy deployment on GAPPS.
>
> --
> --
>
> Reuven Cohen
> Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly Inc.www.enomaly.com:: 416 848 6036 x 1

Reuven Cohen

May 28, 2008, 11:20:23 AM5/28/08
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
I may have posted this a bit early. I assumed it was suppose to be
public, I probably should have checked.

All you NDAs belong to Google.

Reuven

www.enomaly.com :: 416 848 6036 x 1

David Crow

May 28, 2008, 12:03:49 PM5/28/08
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
Disclosure: I'm an MSFT employee.

I've been using LiveMesh on my ThinkPad x60 and my Dell m1330. It's still very early stage software, let me check with the corp folks about what I'm allowed to talk about. Happy to share my experiences. If you are in Canada, sorry, I'm only rewarded for Canadians, and would like me to apply for early-access for you. Please drop me a note at david.crow at microsoft dot com.

I'll need the following:

Company
Summary of offerings and why early access to LiveMesh would be beneficial for you
A LiveID to be used
MS Partner status - though not a requirement.

Cheers,
David

Feris Thia

May 29, 2008, 2:16:53 AM5/29/08
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
David, I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. And I know nothing about this
LiveMesh and have no any proposal to make. Have a question, is it
possible to contact any Microsoft representative - in Indonesia
particularly - to have an early preview ?

Regards,

Feris