First slide (draft) about Cloud Computing

Massimo Canonico

Jun 9, 2011, 6:07:31 AM6/9/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm attaching the first draft concerning an "Introduction to Cloud
Computing". I would like to know what do you think about this.

Thanks,
Massimo

0-CloudComputing.odp
0-CloudComputing.pdf

Aruna HERATH

Jun 9, 2011, 9:13:56 AM6/9/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Massimo

Great for an introduction , I would suggest to include the definition by NIST and also a pictorial representation of Cloud Modes would elaborate further in the first instance. Looking forward to  hearing from all to further minor refinements.

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards

Aruna

Frederic Desprez

Jun 9, 2011, 11:36:16 AM6/9/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com

I also gave a lecture about Cloud computing. Here is a pointer to the slides on slideshare:

http://slidesha.re/mL8iMZ

Keep me informed.

Regards,
Frederic

Rizwan Ahmad (Ryu taichi)

Jun 9, 2011, 5:00:56 PM6/9/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
dear Massino,
can you tell me the level of teaching? Then I will give you suggestions?
My advice is I have been presenting to professionals as well as academic, so you need simple slides with examples. Like introducing saas, paas and Iaas, introduce it as a layered model, and tell which companies provide the services like amazon for IaaS, Salesforce for SaaS and PaaS etc.
elucidate the distinction between these layers and how cloud provider use these layers to run their business. With these layers, they also add their own layers exspecially when dealing with SaaS like businessprocess as a service.

also include what are the main funtions of underline layers, you can also try to reference OSI model. At what level virtualization starts, network component interacts etc.

for security I can send you my paper a governance life cycle for pre to post adoption
if you have any questions do ask me

And I agree with aruna, Include NIST diagram for cloud computing

Massimo Canonico

Jun 14, 2011, 4:49:52 AM6/14/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Federic!
I really like your presentation. In particular the part concerning the
various cloud computing platform (nimbs/openNebula/...). In order to use
your contribution we need the source and we need also to translate it in
english.

Would you help us?

Cheers,
Massimo