how to make standardization in CC

Eman Hossny

Nov 10, 2011, 5:07:32 AM11/10/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
Since there is main problem in cc which is the need for standardization.
I hope to work in this problem, does anyone know how can I start in it?

--
Eman Hossny,
Teacher Assistant,

يارب العتق من النار لى ولوالديا

Paola García Juarez

Nov 11, 2011, 2:13:05 PM11/11/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hello Eman,
You can start looking the information available on the sites of ENISA, Cloud security alliance, Open Cloud Manifesto and NIST.
There you can have an idea of the current status of this topic and can have more new ideas.

Best regards,
Paola
Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Claro.

From: Eman Hossny <e.ho...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:07:32 +0200
Subject: [CCUS 1398] how to make standardization in CC

Rizwan

Nov 11, 2011, 2:57:49 PM11/11/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Can you explain what you want to make

Sent from my iPhone

Alan Sill

Nov 11, 2011, 3:22:54 PM11/11/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com, Alan Sill
Allow me to also suggest participation in and study of materials from the Open Grid Forum (http://www.ogf.org). OGF is very active in Cloud Computing standards, with popular items such as its Open Cloud Computing Interface (OCCI) and service agreement document standardization through recently released WS-Agreement and WS-Agreement Negotiation.

All of these have many open-source and commercial implementations and provide a good window into cloud standardization. The groups are open to all and OGF has an open IPR. OCCI is getting a lot of uptake, built into Open Nebula and many other implementations beginning to be available in other languages.

For more information see http://occi-wg.org

Also http://www.ogf.org/standards and http://www.ogf.org/documents

Hope this helps,
Alan

On Nov 11, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Paola García Juarez wrote:

> Hello Eman,
> You can start looking the information available on the sites of ENISA, Cloud security alliance, Open Cloud Manifesto and NIST.
> There you can have an idea of the current status of this topic and can have more new ideas.
>
> Best regards,
> Paola
> Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Claro.

Ehab

Nov 11, 2011, 3:38:47 PM11/11/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eman,
My name is Ehab Amin. I am subscribed to this group so I can enforce my knowledge with Cloud computing. I don't have any documentations that could help, but I can tell you from my 13 years of IT experience what goes into people's mind when you first tell them about cloud computing. Same with Policies and regulations.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. I hope all is well in Egypt.

Regards,
-Ehab Amin
Global Information Technology
BNP Paribas IP

Sent from my iPhone

Eman Hossny

Nov 11, 2011, 5:47:06 PM11/11/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
many thanks Paola for ur replay.
since u recommended to me to see Cloud security alliance, did the standardization problem has relationship with cc security problem?

Eman Hossny

Nov 11, 2011, 5:50:23 PM11/11/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rizwan,
thank u for ur interest. Actually, I'm new to CC & hear that there are lack of standardization in the CC, so I hope to research in this problem.

Mani S Prasad

Nov 13, 2011, 11:26:16 AM11/13/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hello eman

Lot of groups are working towards  this. However  if you wish to work , the way out  could be ..
a,. Pick up a domain e.g  Identity mgmt or security or SLA
b. find the component of these  which requires standardisation. then write about it taking into considerations market , effect of this on working  and legal issues.

another way could be  Pick up a service  e.g cloud  for medical data use  and write the compliance standards fo  this.

Hope it helps.
best regards
 M S Prasad

2011/11/10 Eman Hossny <e.ho...@gmail.com>

Eman Hossny

Nov 14, 2011, 6:40:25 AM11/14/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mani,
many thanks for ur replay. I see from ur replay that security also need standardization, is this true?
Is the research in the standardization problem need to be under the control of one of the big companies such as IBM,... or under the control of IEEE for example?
I'm a pre-PhD student & hope to find green point in the CC

babul bansal

Nov 15, 2011, 11:54:11 AM11/15/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Dear Eman,

Its not about the security but every component related to Cloud Computing that needs standardization. Foreg. the SNIA association has just introduced the Storage standards for Cloud Storage called Cloud Data Management Interface. In the same way standard needs to be written down for other components like security, platform etc.

Yes, you are absolutely right that unless a big vendor like IBM doesn't introduce these standards, the effect will be very less. But more research on these means more products will be developed based on one's standards and when/if the products will give the optimal performance, security and other necessary effects, the vendors will be forced automatically to introduce the standards of Cloud Computing in the market.

Hope I was able to keep my point.

Regards,
Babul Bansal

Eman Hossny

Nov 17, 2011, 2:58:39 AM11/17/11
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
yes, ur point is kept.

Sengor

Feb 17, 2012, 8:18:23 AM2/17/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I know this thread isn't recent but some people might find these
references handy. Since cloud standardisation is quite fast moving
realm, you need to see what's available out there right now.

These links give you a good overview of what's in existence and who
the major players are:
http://dmtf.org/news/events/state-cloud-standards-virtual-summit
http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://www.cloud4soa.eu/publications - State of the Art in Cloud
Computing Interoperability section of (D1.1)

2011/11/10 Eman Hossny <e.ho...@gmail.com>:

> --

sengork