Exciting updates to Cloud Carbon Footprint!

已查看 51 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Cloud Carbon Footprint

未读,
2021年6月23日 13:49:582021/6/23
收件人 Cloud Carbon Footprint

Hello Cloud Carbon Footprint community and subscribers!

We’ve been continuing our work to expand, improve and evolve Cloud Carbon Footprint. It’s been a busy month since our last update, but we have some exciting news to share.

One of our long term goals for Cloud Carbon Footprint is that it becomes a place that not only shows you your current cloud carbon emissions, but also provides insight into how you’re doing and clear, tangible ways to reduce both your emissions and cloud cost.

  • With that end goal in mind, we have made the carbon equivalency component more globally relevant, using metrics such as round trip flights or smartphones charged, so that all users can get a sense of what real world impact their cloud usage has (2021-06-08 release).

  • We have also added a map view showing the carbon intensity of each data center for the cloud providers we currently support (2021-06-14 release). This map, in tandem with the bar chart showing your use across regions, will help you move your usage away from dirty regions to the closest “green” region.

We are also continually working to improve the accuracy of our methodology to provide the best emissions estimates as possible.

  • For storage, cloud providers actually allocate extra resources for resiliency and availability. We now account for this with the addition of replication factors to our estimation logic (2021-06-21). You can read more about it on our methodology page.

As always, we are open to your thoughts, questions, and ideas. Send a message to this group or submit an issue!

Cheers,

The Green Cloud Team

回复全部
回复作者