Jest dependency issues

hugh walcott

Jun 20, 2021, 6:49:12 PM6/20/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hello, just trying to install and run the project with mocked data.

The npx install appear fine, but when I run the tool with 'yarn start-with-mock-data' command I get an error saying I need jest version 26.6.0 (error screenshot attached). I've followed the instructions to fix a few times now, reinstalling node, removed old projects and other instances of jest from my mac, and then reinstalling ccf... same result.

It appears that client/node_modules/ contains jest version: 26.6.3 so I wonder if this is a dependency issues that others have resolved but not fixed on the master branch? New to npx / yarn so apologies if I am doing something obviously wrong.

Cheers,
Hugh

ccf error.png

Dan Lewis-Toakley

Jun 20, 2021, 9:57:24 PM6/20/21
to hugh walcott, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Hugh,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry about this issue. It should be resolved in the latest version of the @cloud-carbon-footprint/create-app package. Would you be able to retry creating your CCF app from scratch, with npx @cloud-carbon-footprint/create-app and let us know if that resolves the issue?

Many thanks,
Dan

Dan Lewis-Toakley
Emaildan.lewi...@thoughtworks.com
Telephone+1 917 254 5068
PronounsHe/Him
ThoughtWorks

hugh walcott

Jun 20, 2021, 10:05:40 PM6/20/21
to Dan Lewis-Toakley, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Dan,
I removed the ccf app dir that was there, then re-ran the npx and yarn commands and got same issue. Was there something else I was supposed to do?
Cheers,
Hugh

Hugh Walcott

Jun 23, 2021, 5:30:14 PM6/23/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
FYI: CreateApp issue was resolved by removing project and rerunning with the latest 'stable' version using the command:

npx @cloud-carbon-footprint/creat...@0.4.12

Essentially I learnt the most developers of this project do not use the CreateApp, but would clone the cloud-carbon-footprint.git repo. So the broken app was not detected earlier. Thanks Dan for getting me back on track.