Azure cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'meterName')

Sudharma Puranik

Dec 6, 2021, 3:35:17 PM12/6/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi team,

I've started using the Cloud Carbon Footprint and I must say its a very useful product.  I am working with azure and while running I get the below error. Can you please help to understand what is the problem?

info: Regions emissions factors API request started
[1] 2021-12-02T14:41:53.404Z [api] info: Footprint API request started with Start Date: 2020-12-02 and End Date: 2021-12-02
[1] 2021-12-02T14:41:53.418Z [cache] info: Using local cache file...
[1] 2021-12-02T14:42:18.402Z [api] error: Unable to process footprint request.TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'meterName')
[1] at new ConsumptionDetailRow (node_modules/\@cloud-carbon-footprint/azure/src/lib/Consumption
DetailRow.ts:21:43)

Regards
Sudharma

Dan Lewis-Toakley

Dec 6, 2021, 6:05:18 PM12/6/21
to Sudharma Puranik, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Sudharma,

I just pushed a fix that should hopefully resolve this issue for you. Please pull the latest from the trunk branch and let us know how it goes.

Best,
Dan

--
We're excited to hear from you and hope you're enjoying Cloud Carbon Footprint.
Please fill out our feedback form: https://forms.gle/nFzkRioryy4R1DGB6

Dan Lewis-Toakley
Green Cloud Lead, North America
Pronouns He/Him
Email dan.lewi...@thoughtworks.com
Telephone +19172545068
ThoughtWorks

Sudharma Puranik

Dec 7, 2021, 7:21:23 AM12/7/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for such a quick turn around time. I totally appreciate it amidst your busy schedule.

I tried to do npx @cloud-carbon-footprint/create-app. Does that take affect the new changes? I see its still the same if I run this way? Any recommendations or help please?

Thank you.

Dan Lewis-Toakley

Dec 9, 2021, 10:52:57 AM12/9/21
to Sudharma Puranik, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Sudharma,

The original fix hadn't yet been published to the create-app package, but it has now :)

So you can go ahead and try again with  npx @cloud-carbon-footprint/create-app -- I just tested it and worked fine for me. Let us know how you go!

Dan

Sudharma Puranik

Dec 9, 2021, 4:32:23 PM12/9/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Dan,

Amazing, that works. I tried both with app and from the repo.

Thank you very much for taking time to fix this.

 -Sudharma