Installation Issues

Stephen McCloskey

Nov 29, 2022, 11:25:46 AM11/29/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi

Looking for some assistance with installation issues i'm having with Cloud Carbon Footprint.

I am running on an Azure VM RHEL7 and have successfully installed the prerequisites:
nodejs - v14.21.1
npm - 6.14.17
yarn - 1.22.19

After cloning the CCF repo i try to run yarn install and i get the following issue:
yarn install.JPG

i have also tried running npm install
npm install.JPG

and i have tried following the instructions given in another thread on here using npm install yarn and npx yarn install
npx yarn install.JPG

Please advise.

Thanks
Stephen

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Dec 7, 2022, 1:45:37 PM12/7/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out! This seems like an error we have no yet come across. I did notice though, that you attempted an npm install, which should not be necessary since the application is built as a mono-repo using yarn and Lerna workspaces. My suspicion is that this error is related to using Azure VM RHEL7 and not directly a bug associated with CCF. I would suggest attempted to run locally on your machine just to confirm that it works that way. If you have not already, I would also suggest investigating further into the request error you are seeing at the beginning of your first screenshot, maybe looking into threads where that similar error has occurred before.

Hopefully this is helpful and please keep us posted on your progess.

Thanks,
The Cloud Carbon Footprint Team

Stephen McCloskey

Dec 9, 2022, 9:30:46 AM12/9/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi thanks for the replies. I have this installed ok on my local WSL2 set up.

Thanks for the help.
Stephen