numberOfvCpus vs. vCpuHours in ComputeEstimator

Mark T

Sep 22, 2021, 9:49:44 AM9/22/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi,

I'm trying to use the ComputeEstimator and am confused by the ComputeUsage type that it takes as input to its estimate() method.

In the ComputeUsage interface, the field name is "numberOfvCpus", but when that gets passed through to ENERGY_ESTIMATION_FORMULA() (inside estimate()) it gets passed to a parameter called "virtualCPUHours". In my mind the latter seems more correct, as otherwise, how would it be able to calculate energy usage without a duration component?

Am I missing something, or should the field in ComputeUsage be called "vCpuHours" or similar?

Thanks

Mark