Carbon footprint from cloud services

michaelcl...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 6:30:19 AM2/11/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi All. A quick question. Trying to find som reliable data on the carbon footprint from cloud services. Say how much emission from one virtuel machine from AWS or other... Any way of getting those specs?

Dan Lewis-Toakley

Feb 22, 2022, 11:09:55 AM2/22/22
to michaelcl...@gmail.com, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi there,

As part of our project we have published the coefficients used to determine energy usage and carbon emissions for cloud provider services in this coefficients repository

It's not quite a direct correlation between instance/vm/machine type and carbon emissions, but combined with our methodology, I think it should get you to (or very close to) what you are looking for.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Dan

--
We're excited to hear from you and hope you're enjoying Cloud Carbon Footprint.
Please fill out our feedback form: https://forms.gle/nFzkRioryy4R1DGB6

Dan Lewis-Toakley
Green Cloud Lead, North America
Pronouns He/Him