No usage data apart from current month

Nadir Bennegadi

Mar 3, 2022, 5:10:56 AM3/3/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hello,

I have the same issue as Sacha my reply there was deleted, so i create a new post just in case.

I set up the application directly from the repo, i pull data from AWS and Azure.
No issues with AWS but with Azure i only get the data from the current month.

Client env file :
REACT_APP_PREVIOUS_YEAR_OF_USAGE=true
REACT_APP_DATE_RANGE_VALUE=12
REACT_APP_DATE_RANGE_TYPE=months
REACT_APP_GROUP_BY=day

Application starting :
Capture d’écran 2022-03-03 à 10.43.12.png

Data for Azure :
Capture d’écran 2022-03-03 à 10.47.24.png

any ideas ?

Something that might be interesting to know is that my azure subscription is managed by someone else. So while i have the right to see the costs with the cost analysis and get data from previous months, i do not have access to billing invoices.

I can make myself available for a screenshare if needed

Kind regards,
Nadir

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Mar 11, 2022, 2:51:24 PM3/11/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Nadir,

Thanks for reaching out about this issue. This is a very curious case, as you are actually retrieving data from Azure just not for the time-span requested. Maybe a good first step here would be to add some logs manually in the code to determine the correct start and end dates are getting passed as configuration parameters to the Azure Consumption Management API, and also log the responses to confirm it truly is only returning data for this month. If that is the case, I would suggest aligning with the person that is managing your azure subscription to confirm there is actually usage data to pull prior to this month.

If you would like to pair on this, please let me know and we could find a time in the next week!

Thanks,
Cam

Nadir Bennegadi

Mar 14, 2022, 7:14:10 AM3/14/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I added some logs as suggested :

Capture d’écran 2022-03-14 à 12.07.45.png
Capture d’écran 2022-03-14 à 12.08.55.png

Capture d’écran 2022-03-14 à 12.05.25.png

startDate and endDate are always equals to the current day, not sure if i placed the logs at the right place, let me know if it's not correct.

Thank you for your help,
Nadir

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Mar 14, 2022, 12:00:27 PM3/14/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Thanks for confirming the start and end dates via logs. I would also log the response to the consumption management API to see what gets returned in that date range and see if that data differs from what is being served to the front end.

Nadir Bennegadi

Mar 14, 2022, 1:17:29 PM3/14/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Here we go :
Capture d’écran 2022-03-14 à 18.10.39.png

Not sure why it's stuck on the date of current day...where can i manually set a startDate and endDate in order to try if i hardcode theses values it will get correct data from the api ?

Thanks,
Nadir

Nadir Bennegadi

Mar 14, 2022, 1:54:33 PM3/14/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
I found where to hardcode dates in the API but Azure request are still stuck on the current day :
Capture d’écran 2022-03-14 à 18.53.06.png

Capture d’écran 2022-03-14 à 18.50.22.png

Nadir

Nadir Bennegadi

Mar 14, 2022, 2:03:21 PM3/14/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
My bad didn't read the logs correctly, now in the logs it's getting the correct date (when hardcoded) but in the app i'm still getting only data for the current month sadly.

I'm able to see the data for previous months on Azure Portal with my current permissions so i don't understand why the app can't get it.
I guess it's related to my subscription..i'm gonna try to investigate a bit more

Thanks,
Nadir

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Mar 14, 2022, 2:40:53 PM3/14/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Sounds good. Could you try adding logs to see what `usageRows` returns and also `allUsageRows` on the line after here?

Nadir Bennegadi

Mar 15, 2022, 5:41:46 AM3/15/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Ok this is what i'm getting :
Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 10.38.01.png
Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 10.38.56.png

Nadir

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Apr 20, 2022, 11:59:30 AM4/20/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Nadir,

Sorry for the delayed response here. Are you still having this issue?

Thanks,
CCF Team