running docker container for multiple AWS account

nida sahar

Oct 19, 2021, 12:04:57 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi,

We would like to set up this for the existing cloud users.
Came across this:
If i keep using newer json keys will i be able to run this for different accounts?

docker pull cloudcarbonfootprint/api
docker run \
--env-file packages/api/.env \
--env
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/root/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json \
-p 4000:4000 \
-v $HOME/.aws/credentials:/root/.aws/credentials \
-v $HOME/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json:/root/.config/gcloud/service-account-keys.json \
cloudcarbonfootprint/api

Also, why this api call have both gcould as well and aws. ?

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Oct 19, 2021, 1:26:57 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hello,

If you use different account keys, you should be able to query the data for the specific account that the keys belong to. We implemented an option to provide Authentication through Google Cloud to access AWS data that you can refernce here.

Thank you for using the application! Please reach out for any more questions.

Thanks,
Cam

nida sahar

Oct 19, 2021, 1:37:48 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Cam,

Follow up questions. Through the api, i don't access to the ui ?

Thanks,
Nida

cameron.casher

Oct 19, 2021, 2:23:54 PM10/19/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
We have the api package separated entirely from the client package that contains the UI. The client package makes an api call to the data being served by the api package and our UI consumes that data to populate the charts and figures on the dashboard. If you have cloned the repo or installed the create-app, you can run 'yarn start' from the root directory to start both packages, or start them both separately in different terminals.

nida sahar

Oct 19, 2021, 8:05:16 PM10/19/21
to cameron.casher, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Cam,

Just to give context. I run a platform http://www.nife.io

I want to hook up the the carbon footprint feature so that the rest of the world can provide credentials and access it the details.

Creating json part is easy. Executing the api as well. Wondering for every api hook, should the ui be newly created?

Thanks,
Nida

Message has been deleted