Emission calculation for Azure SaaS services using CCF

Shivansh Srivastava

Jan 31, 2024, 12:29:14 AMJan 31
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi CCF,
We are trying to get the footprint data for all the services that we are using on Azure. While trying to get emission details, we are getting emission data for limited set of resources like Virtual machines, etc. But not able to get the emission data for SaaS services like Azure Event Hub, Azure Blob, Azure cloud elastic etc. However the Azure consumption API seem to be giving Usage/Billing Details through Usage Details API for all the SaaS services as well. Please let us know your thoughts on how we can get energy and emission details for these services.

Thanks,
Shivansh..

Shivansh Srivastava

Feb 7, 2024, 11:35:49 PMFeb 7
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi CCF, can you please look into this on priority ? Let me know if you want me to elaborate it furthur..

thanks..

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Feb 8, 2024, 1:02:27 PMFeb 8
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hello - Please create a new issue on our Github so that we can properly prioritize this work among other items in progress. Also in the issue, please provide any logs or examples of an Azure API response with details for each service.

Shivansh Srivastava

Apr 1, 2024, 9:07:55 AMApr 1
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi , after some research and analysis through footprint api response and your ccf codebase , i came to the conclusion that the CCF code is not able to provide emission footprint for any of the SaaS services present in our Azure cluster but on the other side the Azure consumption management api ie. https://management.azure.com/subscriptions/{subscription_id}/providers/Microsoft.Consumption/usageDetails?api-version=2019-10-01 is able to provide usage and cost details of all the SaaS services. Could you please explain how you are leveraging consumption management APIs in order to provide emission data for all the services and what is causing this difference in the data.

Thanks ,
Shivansh

Shivansh Srivastava

Apr 16, 2024, 1:04:18 AMApr 16
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi , this issue is somehow resolved right now , was happening due to some access issues...will get back if issue exists