not understanding how unknown types are working

Serge Scevenels

Jun 9, 2022, 11:09:11 AMJun 9
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi

i am trying to understand how the Look Up Table is being generated, in particular for Unknown types... and there is a hole in the code source i can't find :)

So for example i do not understand how i can have a CO2 and kilowatthours factor for this item :

serviceName: AmazonRDS
region: us-east-1
usageType: Aurora:StorageIOUsage
usageUnit: IOs

knowing the usageunit & the usagetype are not present in the file
CostAndUsageTypes.ts

Also, in the LUT i do not have other line items with this usageUnit... so i do not understand how even a total estimate can be obtained

Any help in explaining me how it works ?

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Jun 20, 2022, 11:53:04 AMJun 20
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Serge,
Thanks for reaching out. We will be looking closer at the Lookup Table and can dig deeper at that point (https://github.com/cloud-carbon-footprint/cloud-carbon-footprint/issues/839)
We will follow up then with more details - thank you for your patience.
Cheers,
The Cloud Carbon Footprint team