A HUGE thank you and 2021 recap

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Dec 23, 2021, 4:36:29 PM12/23/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint

Hello Cloud Carbon Footprint community and subscribers!

As we near the end of the year, we want you to know how much we appreciate your support, ideas, and contributions. Without you, we couldn’t have accomplished all that we managed to do with Cloud Carbon Footprint. It’s been a whirlwind of a year, but as we enter a new one, we’d like to leave you with some highlights to celebrate and be proud of together.

Q1 2021

Q2 2021

  • Memory included in carbon estimates

  • Data center carbon intensity map

Q3 2021

  • Replication factors included in carbon estimates

  • Recommendations Dashboard and API

  • Unknown usage types included in carbon estimates

  • Lookup table approach

Q4 2021

  • Recommendations Dashboard forecast component

  • Demo app

  • Embodied emissions included in carbon estimates

  • Performance and cache improvements

We also have a few last minute additions we’ve managed to sneak in before the end of the year:

  • We aim to make Cloud Carbon Footprint scalable to larger organizations and amounts of data. To aid in this, we have updated some of our caching behavior. (release 2021-12-17)

  • In order to make our API more flexible and consumable, we’ve updated it to now take a parameter to specify the groupBy period. (release 2021-12-17)

Once again, thank you all for being part of our community and helping us make cloud carbon measurement more straightforward, accessible, and common practice.

A final ask as we regroup and get ready for the coming year: Please help us know how we can best help you by filling out our survey and listing yourself in our Adopters file.

We’ll see you in 2022!

The Green Cloud Team