AWS calculations explained EC2

Antonio Campello

Oct 1, 2021, 10:31:10 AM10/1/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi folks, I added this as an issue on GitHub but I figured it might not be the suitable platform (happy to close the issue if you want). Here is the question:

 failed to understand why the docs define:

Average Minimum Watts (0% Cpu Utilization): 0.74
Average Maximum Watts (100% Cpu Utilization): 3.5

I know it has to do with the SPECS power, but would be good if the docs included more explanation? I failed to find any of those number in the SPECS website.

Antonio

Arelys Alvarez

Oct 1, 2021, 11:31:45 AM10/1/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for racing this issue, it would be a good idea to improve the documentation. For the time being you can look at this repo that we use to get the numbers. Also, in the Methodology you can take a look at Appendix #2 to learn how we calculate these numbers.

Best,
Arelys

David Mytton

Oct 2, 2021, 1:34:12 AM10/2/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Antonio,

I worked on this so let me know if you have any questions!