Consumption Usage details Api getting deprecated - Azure

Shivansh Srivastava

Apr 26, 2023, 9:06:14 AM4/26/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi CCF team , i came across an azure documentation which  mentioned that they would soon be deprecating Consumption Usage Details api ... Are there any plans to migrate to a different approach in near future?

Thanks,
Shivansh

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Apr 26, 2023, 10:00:02 AM4/26/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Shivansh,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! It seems that the notice of retirement was added fairly recently and there is no date announced yet as to when this will be. Due to the unclear nature of how soon this deprecation will take place in addition to the potential effort it will take to migrate, there are no plans to do so as of right now. However, we will keep an eye on it for further updates and an announced date, and make plans to migrate to the recommended Cost Details Report before then.

Cheers,
The Cloud Carbon Footprint team at Thoughtworks

Shivansh Srivastava

May 17, 2024, 1:54:39 AMMay 17
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi CCF ,
Quick follow up on this...it looks like Azure is now completely discouraging the use of Usage Details API and it can be de-commissioned at any point of time (as heard from the Azure support team). So are there any plans or work in progress for migrating to Cost Details API in near future?

Thanks,
Shivansh

Cloud Carbon Footprint

May 17, 2024, 11:50:24 AMMay 17
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Shivansh,

Thanks for checking in on this effort! We are aware of this, and are already in the process of migration. You can track the progress, and leave any feedback/contributions on this Github Issue.

Thanks,
The CCF Team