Getting emission data from On-premise CCF

Shivansh Srivastava

Nov 22, 2023, 9:41:02 AM11/22/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Team,
Is there any other way to run the CCF on-prem emission calculation other than using yarn?
Can we trigger it as a batch processing script or shall we have a REST API?
Please provide your suggestions on this..

Thanks,
Shivansh..

Shivansh Srivastava

Nov 27, 2023, 5:20:47 AM11/27/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Team ,
    since we are working over this on priority , it will be good if we get a clarification on the above query..

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Nov 27, 2023, 1:13:03 PM11/27/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Shivansh,

Unfortunately, the on-premise the feature is currently only available as a CLI command via yarn. Since the yarn command is essentially invoking the on-premise script using ts-node, you could potentially run the feature programmatically by calling the yarn command or using ts-node to directly call the file with your arguments (i.e. a bash script).

Hope that helps!

The CCF Team at Thoughtworks

Shivansh Srivastava

Nov 28, 2023, 9:20:04 AM11/28/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi , thanks for your response.. Now as next steps we are trying to access CCF code through a container, but we are not able to build docker images...Can you please tell what exact steps we need to follow post the repository cloning..

Thanks..
Shivansh

Shivansh Srivastava

Nov 28, 2023, 9:20:07 AM11/28/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
thank you for the response...
As the next step, we want to access CCF code from container but we are not able to build the docker image...however we are able to run it locally...Can you tell what exact steps we need to follow post the repository cloning.

Thanks..
Shivansh

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Nov 30, 2023, 12:01:32 PM11/30/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Shivansh,

You can find the steps on getting started in setting up the application with Docker in the Run With Docker section on our documentation. If you're running into a specific error or issue when building the image, then we encourage you to open a detailed issue on Github with a screenshot or pasted message of the error you're seeing so that the devs may assist you further.

Thanks,

The CCF Team at Thoughtworks