How to configure regions in GCP for "Higher Accuracy" approach

Thomas

Dec 13, 2021, 5:58:53 AM12/13/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi,

because using the billing account for GCP seems not so easy for my case I tried the  "Higher Accuracy" approach for one specific project. The projects contains several compute engines in different regions.

I configured via .env file and removes Azure and AWS.

I set
GCP_USE_BILLING_DATA=false
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=<path to my json-service-account>
GCP_PROJECTS=[{"id":"<my-id>","name":"<my-name>"}]

However when I start the application locally with "yarn start" I do not see any ressources in the frontend.

In the log I see:

warn: getCosts not Implemented. Called with start: Sun Dec 13 2020 01:00:00 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time), end: Mon Dec 13 2021 01:00:00 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time), region: us-east1

Same for regions us-central1, us-west1

Which regions are supported and how can I configure it? My compute engines run in europe-west. And I added one for test purpose in us-central.

Best regards
Thomas

Thomas

Dec 13, 2021, 8:35:16 AM12/13/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint

Problem solved after configuring regions in Config.ts, but next error ;-) see next message.