Azure costs discrepancies between CCF and Azure Diagnostic Costs

Julien Le Cerf

Jan 12, 2024, 10:44:56 AMJan 12
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi everyone,

We started using Cloud Carbon Footprint to measure our emissions linked to cloud activities on Azure and very satisfied with the results. However we are seing some differences between the cost indicator given by CCF and the one that we get using the Azure Diagnostic costs tool.

In particular, we are seing quite a huge gap with costs linked to Virtual Machines and Storage. Did any of you already faced this issue and would have some explanation on this behavior ?

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Mar 28, 2024, 2:05:38 PMMar 28
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Julien,

Thanks for bringing this up! Would you be able to provide any figures for the discrepancies! We do have former conversations here in google groups and also github issues addressing some of these discrepancies that you could refer to that may help as well!

Thanks,
The CCF Team at Thoughtworks