Limit number of accounts queried in AWS

Tim Wood

Oct 27, 2022, 4:26:40 AM10/27/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi,

I have a large number of AWS accounts to query and I've had a number of failures. Reading through the discussions I'm aware of why.

Is there a way to only query a set number of AWS accounts? I don't really need to specify account ids. Would just be useful to say query 20 or a larger number that would run well.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Nov 9, 2022, 12:55:06 PM11/9/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Tim,
Thanks for reaching out!
Would you be able to share the failures you have been getting anyway? Just to help us have full context.

At this moment there isn't a way to specify only a general number without calling out the specific accounts/ids in the fetch query.
Not sure your exact use case, but to try to get just a number of them, you could look into pulling everything to store in mongo, and set a custom limit value for accounts (this might require additional configuration). No promises, but if you're curious that's a place you could start.

Cheers,
The Cloud Carbon Footprint Team at Thoughtworks