Support for Oracle Cloud - OCI

Nick Commisso - OCI

Nov 10, 2022, 11:29:27 AM11/10/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi!

I'd like to request support for OCI as our customers are increasingly demanding more OCI services and sustainability information on their infra footprint

Who can I get in touch with the make this happen?
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 11.27.57 AM.png

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Dec 1, 2022, 1:22:45 PM12/1/22
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi there!
Thanks for reaching out.
CCF could certainly be used for Oracle and agree it would be a great improvement. Given our team's limited capacity this isn't a feature that is top of our open source roadmap but we do very much encourage anyone who wants to begin working on this to do so and collaborate with us. We have previously done an initial investigation into the data available from Oracle and believe it would be possible to build a CCF solution for it. If you are interested in starting the work, we would be more than happy to review PRs and changes, or broadly talk approach.

Cheers,
The Cloud Carbon Footprint Team at Thoughtworks

Shreyansh Jain

Apr 25, 2023, 8:33:50 AM4/25/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi CCF Team,

Is there any update on this? Is OCI added to the roadmap?

Any Tentative plans for the same?

Thanks,
Shreyansh Jain

Shreyansh Jain

Jul 5, 2023, 5:20:15 AM7/5/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi CCF Team,

Since there is no response, i am assuming there aren't any plans as of now.

I have gone through the methodology for AWS and AZURE and i am interested in contributing for the emission calculation of Oracle Cloud.

Can you please share  details of the preliminary work if any which your team has done (if any) which can act as a starting point for it.

Thanks,
Shreyansh Jain

Cloud Carbon Footprint

Jul 5, 2023, 12:37:55 PM7/5/23
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Shreyansh,

You are correct, not much has changed since our initial email, and adding support for Oracle Cloud is currently not on our team's roadmap for the near future -- especially with Alibaba Cloud support still ongoing development.

We're happy to hear that you're interested in contributing! Due to our team's limited capacity and exposure to Oracle Cloud, we were hoping for this to be a community-driven feature.

Outside of a brief investigation in Oracle itself surrounding data availability, there hasn't been any preliminary work done. We encourage you to create an issue on Github to track this feature so that the dev team can more easily provide deeper technical support on getting started and answer any questions surrounding implementation.

Thanks,
The Cloud Carbon Footprint team at Thoughtworks