incremental-dom via soy IncrementalClosure compiler

Mateusz Czeladka

Sep 28, 2016, 1:56:13 PM9/28/16
to Closure Templates Discuss
Are there any demos or examples how to use incremental closure soy compiler?

I would like to build the most simple example that when data from external service is passed on soy template it gets rendered automatically on some DOM element.

In terms of components, how does incremental-dom via soy compares to ReactJS? I don't mean in terms of performance vs memory usage.

I already managed to compile a few soy templates to JavaScript (inc js compiler) but not sure how to use this yet to see benefits comparing to traditional soy -> js compiler.

In our app introducing react is now not an option as the whole thing is server side rendered and we really like soy simplicity and capabilities.

Mateusz

Hochhaus, Andy

Sep 28, 2016, 2:35:25 PM9/28/16
to closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Mateusz Czeladka
<mateusz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any demos or examples how to use incremental closure soy compiler?

The only one that I know of is part of the rules_closure repository.

https://github.com/bazelbuild/rules_closure/blob/master/closure/templates/test/greeter_idom.js

> I would like to build the most simple example that when data from external
> service is passed on soy template it gets rendered automatically on some DOM
> element.

That repo also can't an example of passing protocol buffers to the
template in case that fits your use case well.

https://github.com/bazelbuild/rules_closure/blob/master/closure/templates/test/greeter_idom_proto.js

Best of luck!

-Andy

Hochhaus, Andy