Someone (looks to be Google) has created a soy plugin for the Idea family of editors (intelliJ etc)

Johannes Nel

Jul 18, 2017, 5:31:09 AM7/18/17
to closure-temp...@googlegroups.com

Mike Samuel

Jul 18, 2017, 10:15:01 AM7/18/17
to closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the pointer. Will follow up.

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Johannes Nel <johann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A little FYI
>
> https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/9841-bamboo-soy
>

> --
>
> ---

Garry Boyer

Jul 18, 2017, 12:28:53 PM7/18/17
to closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
Wow -- that looks awesome!

Just to note: this plugin is not created or published by Google, though I think the author might work here (will ask). When evaluating whether to use it, consider it like any third-party plugin. :-)

Garry Boyer

Jul 18, 2017, 12:43:53 PM7/18/17
to closure-temp...@googlegroups.com, Thibault Sottiaux
Slight correction, looks like this was in fact open sourced from Google proper: https://github.com/google/bamboo-soy

Congrats Thibault!

Thibault Sottiaux

Jul 18, 2017, 5:54:26 PM7/18/17
to Closure Templates Discuss

Hi,

Co-author of the plugin here. Nice find, we were just going to announce this! We worked together with the Closure Templates team on this and we just open-sourced and released v1.1 on the Jetbrains repository.

The plugin boasts a wide range of features:

  • Syntax highlighting (Soy & HTML), support for latest syntax,

  • References, go-to definition, find usage, documentation lookup,

  • Auto-formatting,

  • Structure view,

  • Typing aids: YCM-style autocompletion, live templates (aka snippets)

  • Static analysis: Missing parameters, unused variables, etc...

You can install directly from your IDE plugins > Bamboo Soy or check it out on the github repo.

We've got many more features in the pipeline and as always feature requests, bug reports and contributions welcome! You can reach out to me directly or via the issues page.

Thibault Sottiaux

Thibault Sottiaux