How to use custom functions in soy (closure template)

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Sep 6, 2017, 3:51:17 PM9/6/17
to Closure Templates Discuss
Hi, im wondering, how can i use a custom function in soy please? I am migrating from velocity to soy but carn't seem to get functions to work.

I am doing something like {$its.formatLink($changeUrl)}

Mike Samuel

Sep 7, 2017, 12:36:12 PM9/7/17
to closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
SoyFunction is in a "restricted" package as are the backend-specific
sub-interfaces so they're not part of the supported public API as
such.

What does formatLink do that can't be done in a template?
Why can't the link be formatted prior to template rendering and
included in the template input?

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Sep 17, 2017, 3:31:41 PM9/17/17
to Closure Templates Discuss