Support for modern tags (also future proofing GSS)

Guido Tapia

Apr 24, 2014, 12:38:14 AM4/24/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Are there plans to keep GSS up-to-date?  There are lots of CSS 3 goodness that GSS is blocking and having the chance to work on a modern browser project I'm finding myself fighting GSS quite a bit.

Some examples:

display: flex|inline-flex
flex-direction
Etc.

Perhaps a compiler flag to allow GSS to ignore unknown tags and tag values??

Thanks

regard...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2014, 11:31:48 AM4/27/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
Those exist already:
--allowed-non-standard-function
--allowed-unrecognized-property

I have used gss for only one project and basically it is not what other similar projects offer. Now we use it only for renaming the classes. The actual css is preprocessed with less or sass and only the result is passed to gss for class name minification and the output map is used with the compiler. I assume google is using it internally as the classes in the products continue to be mangled.

Guido Tapia

Apr 30, 2014, 6:48:12 PM4/30/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, regard...@gmail.com
Works a charm.  I guess I should read the docs before posting eh?

Michael Bolin

Apr 30, 2014, 6:53:24 PM4/30/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, regard...@gmail.com

Since it looks like Templates just got an update, which common/modern properties are missing?