Allowing duplicate attribute definitions

Devraj Mukherjee

Jul 4, 2013, 4:26:32 AM7/4/13
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Our stylesheets do something like:

background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,#fff,rgba(255,255,255,0));
background-image: linear-gradient(top,#fff,rgba(255,255,255,0));

for progressive enhancement.

The stylesheet compiler complains "Detected multiple identical, non-alternate declarations in the same ruleset." and suggests that we use /* @alternate*/ Certainly solves the compilation issues.

The compiler CSS seems to have a few properties where the second definition no longer takes effect.

Any ideas if we can ask the compiler to allow duplicate definitions or alternatively ensure that both directives always take effect?

Thanks for any pointers and sparing your time.

Devraj

ad...@zemplex.com

Oct 7, 2013, 2:10:58 AM10/7/13
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
I won't be using using stylesheets unless this is implemented. I have voted for it here

http://code.google.com/p/closure-stylesheets/issues/detail?id=34