any support for @keyframes rule

siga....@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2012, 3:14:13 AM10/16/12
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday I tried to add css3 animations to our stylesheets with the use of the @keyframes rule. This did not work.

Sample of my code:

.fx-Foo {
  animation: testanim;
}

@keyframes testanim {
  from { background: red; }
  to { background: blue; }
}

The result:

unknown @ rule in gss/test.gss at line 5 column 1:
@keyframes testanim {
^

1 error(s)

I did manage to get a workaround where I drop all my @keyframe rules in a separate animations.css and include it separately at the end of the build process, but this makes our build process messy, and I would love the minification features of the stylesheet compiler here. Is there a way to have to compiler not break on "@keyframes" rule or it's variants ( @-webkit-keyframes, @-moz-keyframes, etc ) ?

Stefan

Charles Walton

Oct 16, 2012, 12:24:25 PM10/16/12
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com

Johannes Nel

Oct 16, 2012, 12:26:03 PM10/16/12
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
this is protected content for us non googlers?
--
j:pn
\\no comment

Charles Walton

Oct 16, 2012, 12:34:46 PM10/16/12
to closure-stylesheets-discuss
Apologies, knee-jerk response :)
The relevant bits:
@-webkit-keyframes progressBarAnimation {
  0% {
    background-position: 0 0;
  }
  100% {
    background-position: BG_SHIFT;
  }
}
and
@mixin animation(progressBarAnimation .8s infinite linear);

Does that not compile for you?

Stefan Liebenberg

Oct 17, 2012, 5:19:41 AM10/17/12
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.

Your snippet compiles fine. So its just the "@keyframes" rules thats not supported but its variants are.

Ok, apologies for not being thorough on that, thank you.

Michael Bolin

Oct 17, 2012, 11:39:34 AM10/17/12
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
What version are you using? Looking at http://code.google.com/p/closure-stylesheets/source/list it appears that something keyframes-related was checked in on Aug 21, 2012:

john.k...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2013, 6:26:09 PM9/24/13
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com
I'm having this issue as well, but the most recent build available for download is from 2011/12/30 -- apparently way out of date.

Where can more recent builds be downloaded without having to resort to building from source?  The only place I can find is here:

Devraj Mukherjee

May 16, 2014, 1:31:37 AM5/16/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, john.k...@gmail.com
Did any one find a resolution to this?

Michael Bolin's post suggests that there might be a more recently version? Does anyone know where to get a copy?

Ian Flanigan

May 16, 2014, 4:46:57 AM5/16/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, john.k...@gmail.com
Please check the GitHub project for the latest:

Ian

dev...@etk.com.au

May 18, 2014, 8:34:38 PM5/18/14

On Friday, May 16, 2014 6:46:57 PM UTC+10, Ian Flanigan wrote:
Please check the GitHub project for the latest:

Many thanks Ian. Are  there any plans to release builds in the future?

Or are there any instructions on how to build the compiler?

Appreciate your time.

Ian Flanigan

May 19, 2014, 3:56:30 AM5/19/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, John Kielkopf
It should all be here: https://code.google.com/p/closure-stylesheets/

I'm not planning to make any pre-built JARs available or cut a "new release" for the moment, but you should be able to build and run everything from HEAD without much trouble.

Ian

Devraj Mukherjee

May 19, 2014, 11:02:41 PM5/19/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, John Kielkopf
At the risk of sounding like a Java newbie. Is it possible to post build instructions on the Github wiki?

Many thanks for your time.

tho...@oinksoft.com

May 19, 2014, 11:59:50 PM5/19/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, John Kielkopf
The build is simple and documented at https://code.google.com/p/closure-stylesheets/wiki/BuildingFromSource

It looks like a wiki is not yet enabled in the Github repository.

Thomas Allen

Nathan Wright

May 19, 2014, 11:21:28 PM5/19/14
to closure-style...@googlegroups.com, John Kielkopf
It should be as simple as running `ant jar`, then check the build folder. (If you don't already have ant, you can install it with homebrew, apt-get, etc.)

--
Nathan Wright / CTO