Patch allow piping from STDIN and echoing output to STDOUT

Peter Downs

Dec 5, 2012, 3:29:45 PM12/5/12
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

in order to make the fixjsstyle tool more useful to me (I'm using it to automatically format my code in VIM),
I've made a small patch to allow piping content to the binary on STDIN and redirect output on stdout.

The functionality is guarded behind a flag '--stdin', and lets you do the following:

cat dirty.js | fixjsstyle --stdin > clean.js

Would anyone else be interested in using this? It was a very small patch -- if this seems useful, I could try to submit it to the main repository.

Cheers,

Peter